Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 617 (Who?), Viewed: 116833 times.
Page 25 of 25
Forum Resident
#601 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:46 AM
^ Ya, I absolutely love that movie, I watch it every year. The "major prize" thing with the lamp/leg thing always kills me. Poor Ralphie's mom is so embarrassed of that eyesore. The tongue stuck to the frozen flagpole is funnier than hell too, but I think my favorite scene is when the neighbors ( Bumpus family, lol) dogs destroy the big dinner. Good times!

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Scholar
#602 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:26 PM
Snatch (2000?) was on tv the other day. Always fun, now matter how many times I've seen it. An 8 I guess?
Batman Forever (?) accidentally came across it a couple of nights ago. Jim Carey(?) is the shit, he makes it so fun. And pink hair.
Alchemist
#603 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 10:14 AM
The 5th Wave (2016) - 4/10
The Boy (2016) - 4/10
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - 7/10
How to Be Single (2016) - 5/10
The Veil (2016) - 4/10
Joy (2015) - 6/10

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Lab Assistant
#604 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 4:34 PM
The Conjuring Part 2 (7/10). It takes place in England after the Amityville Horror, and also after the first movie. I haven't seen a horror movie in a while and this freaked me out. The music helped a lot with the creep factor, as well as the makeup work. It's a lot of jump scares, but there's actually something there instead of it being "Just kidding!" jump scares. They need to step away from the possessed/ghost child thing, though, because that's pretty old now. Still liked it, and supposedly a "character" from this one is getting its own movie.
Alchemist
#605 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 11:17 AM
Finding Dory (2016) - 6/10
Everybody Wants Some!! (2016) - 5/10
The BFG (2016) - 5/10
Bad Neighbours 2 (2016) - 5/10
Tammy (2014) - 4/10
The Dead Room (2015) - 1/10
I Spit on Your Grave 3: Vengeance Is Mine (2015) - 5/10
Honeyglue (2015) - 6/10
The Boss (2016) - 5/10
The Girl in the Photographs (2015) - 2/10
The Conjuring 2 (2016) - 1/10
Now You See Me (2013) - 6/10
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - 7/10
The Other Side of the Door (2016) - 3/10
Eddie the Eagle (2016) - 4/10
Buried Treasure (2001) - 6/10

My Simblr
My Youtube
Alchemist
#606 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:09 AM
Thelma & Louise (1991) - 6/10
Ghostbusters (2016) - 6/10
The Secret Life Of Pets (2016) - 6/10

My Simblr
My Youtube
Instructor
#607 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:13 PM
Saw Star Trek Beyond last night and let me just say this. I am glad I got a free ticket with the Wrath of Khan bluray because I would not have seen this movie in any form otherwise. ITD just did too much damage to the brand and I didn't think anyone around Paramount still understood Star trek.

This has a lot of the same problems of being an action movie as the last two but it is an action movie where like Wrath of Khan the action is there to serve the characters and for the first time in a long time in Star trek there is philosophical debate at the heart of the story and while it feels like it is there because of Babylon 5(The villain of this film is basic The Shadows from Babylon 5), it works because it comes up naturally from the nature of Star fleet.

Oh and for the first time in these movies Kirk feels like Kirk, and not some self centered,lying, show off who only cares about himself.

All the characters are given at least one great moment in the story and it flows so well it feels a lot shorter then it is.

Also on the last two movies I wondered where the budget went because I didn't see much that I couldn't imagine seeing on a TV show, this one has a reason to be a big budget film as the scale and look of everything is upped to the point where there is no way it could be done on TV. the Alien world looks like an alien world and not a sound stage and everything is done on such a large scale. Imagine Star Trek the motion picture but with an exciting charter driven action adventure story where you really care about Kirk at it's heart.

I didn't mind the first film starting with Kirk as a jerk, because he seemed to learn his lesson at the end, but then when ITD he was an even bigger jerk I felt like I was watching the same character beat all over and I lost faith in Chris Pine's Kirk. Well this movie restored that faith, while Shatner will always be THE KIRKI, Chris Pine proved that he can play the character his own way and yet still retain what the fans like about Kirk's basic character and I hope the higher ups at paramount take note and continue to allow his charter to grow like this, because as of right now this film as restored my faith in a franchise that was completely dead to me before.

Letting Simon Peg write this movie was the best move Paramount has made in a long time and I hope they continue because as it stand now this feels like the natural next step from the first film and I will just pretend ITD didn't happen and i will be trying to see this again in theaters and will get it on day one when it comes to Bluray.

Star Trek is back, this film feels like Star trek.

If you like me were feeling beaten down before when it came to the future of Star trek, go see this movie, you will have blast and it will restore your faith that Star trek can be done well in this modern day and age.

9.5/10.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#608 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:16 AM
High-Rise: 7.5/10.

A bit style over substance. It's trying to tell you something but it doesn't really do it as well as it could. The breakdown of society in the building is so sudden, so extreme, yet so unclear the social commentary loses a lot of impact because it lacks articulation with what's wrong with the system.

Besides that, everything else is well done. The setting is well done, great music choices, some terrific cinematography and visuals, and incredible acting. Lovely mix of dark humour and surrealism in it, too. A couple of pretentious scenes (I'm looking at you, penthouse orgy with the rich people slow-mo dancing and looking into the camera as classical music plays.) but overall I really liked it.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#609 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 6:49 AM
^ Ya, i think your comments are pretty spot on about that flick. I'm pretty sure I gave it a 7 over on IMDB after watching. Have you watched Snowpiercer by any chance? Deals with a pretty similar subject matter, social and economic class, or lack thereof. I liked it a little more, probably gave it an 8.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#610 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:31 AM
This topic is still relevant, unless everyone has stopped watching movies. Somehow, I don't think so.

Footloose (the original) - rating: Meh. I think that's about a 4/10

Trolls - far more engaging than I anticipated. I don't really like the music of the 80s and 90s, but it took on new meaning in the story and under the handling of the artists they used for it. Also, the story is simply about happiness, so what's not to like? I read later that the directors/writers studied Ted talks and Eastern mysticism to learn more about happiness. 7.8/10

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#611 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:38 AM
I was bored this morning, so I watched the original Pokémon movie; Pokémon: The First Movie
I still love it, even though it's almost 20 years old, it is still one of my favourite anime movies of all time

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#612 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:01 AM
Boss Baby, the story of a young boy with a highly active imagination who feels somewhat pushed out by the arrival of his younger brother, was clever, funny, and very sweet. The visuals were gorgeous. There were times I thought I could feel soft and nappy texture the babies sat on in the conveyor belt. Additionally, there were some very smart looking 2D sequences. I chuckled over the many references to other movies. 8/10

Scholar
#613 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
Last night I saw King Arthur legend of the sword. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'd probably give it a 3/10
Lab Assistant
#614 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM
Welp Spiderman Homecoming has finally given me a favorite superhero. I almost want to say 10/10, but there's probably something about it that'd make me want to say 9/10. There was a couple times where the choices made by Peter where a little "no no no agh you idiot" but that is based partly on my personality of what I'd do, and after the consequences of his actions came together they made much more sense. I actually really liked the ending.

Personal metrics is 10/10. Woo!

Why do I have a badly done MS Paint spiral as my profile pic you ask? Well you see I have nothing better to put there than a thing I quickly made during a grade 10 business class.
Mad Poster
#615 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:17 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:24 AM.
I rewatched Moana (10/10), Kubo and the Two Strings (10/10), and Trolls (9/10) again recently. I watched a weird movie with no point called The Breakup (2/10) - it was a huge disappointment!

* Edit - just saw Lion (9/10) over the weekend - It's an amazing story!

**Edit - Watched Dr. Strange (10/10) - Engaging and exciting. Amazing visuals! I'll bet there will be a sequel.

Lab Assistant
#616 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 11:57 AM
I watched Tower, a documentary about the first American, or really any, mass shooting taking place on August 1st, 1966 at the University of Texas. It was powerful, a rare time where I cried at a movie. It was a collection of personal stories from those there that day. At this point the one person who just hit me the hardest was Rita, just wow, an amazing act she did.

10/10 recommend it to everyone.

Why do I have a badly done MS Paint spiral as my profile pic you ask? Well you see I have nothing better to put there than a thing I quickly made during a grade 10 business class.
Mad Poster
#617 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:32 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Aug 2017 at 9:14 PM.
I rewatched Boss Baby because I was on a plane and my boyfriend missed so much the first time around (and we watched it in sync). Now I want the DVD. There were so many clever scenes throughout the film, as in tributes to former animation styles, such as Warner Bros cartoons and other media - movies. And then there was the emotional piece about brotherhood. I cried during the last several minutes of the film. It's beyond weird that I can't find an appropriate image of the most powerful scene in the film when the baby opens a package sent by his older brother that spells out a future agreement between them and demonstrates love in the strongest terms. That was heartwrenching. If you have a sibling, this is a must see. The movie is really about sibling rivarlry and ultimately about love.

Test Subject
#618 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:01 PM
A stinky fairy tale 8.5/10
www.imdb.com/title/tt3168940/
Page 25 of 25